Pages

daily creative practice

Monday, August 22, 2011

Feel Good in My Body


On Aug 19 2011 I made this little collage. I stuck with orange shades and images of light. The upturned hand didn't really fit with the orange and light theme, but I was compelled to include it. The words "Feel Good in My Body" appeared, pre-cut, out of nowhere. I must have cut that out some time ago and it just slipped out from between the pages of one of the magazines. Those words tied the hand image and light images together for me: for what are we but sparks of light within the structure of the body? I included several details of the collage just for fun. It turns out the collage was a little preview of the next day's activities. On Aug 20 I saw Terrence Malick's Tree of Life. It was full of similar images of light in darkness.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...