Pages

daily creative practice

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5-28-11 Dream and Potential Mandala

In my sketchbook / journal, where I write and draw this blog, I have a crude sketch for a mandala, that will probably never get done.

But I will describe my dream, my life today and you will get the idea.
(This is when I wish I had a worker-bee to do the idea of the drawing part of this blog)

Woke up late to turn on Good Morning America at 8:30 am and there was the Lady Gaga concert in Central Park. Thousands of peeps shoulder to shoulder and LG in the usual black costumes.
Lady Gaga is the upper left part of the mandala from 9 to 12.

In my dream this morning, I'm coming home from O'Hare in a taxi. I notice on the outbound side, there is a 20 car pileup. I tell my taxi driver to slow down; he's bumper to bumper with some truck in front of us.

Then we move quickly into the city and it's the day after a big snowstorm and it feels dangerous to ride in this cab. I hop out and get on a bike with skinny wheels, not a thick wheeled mountain bike that I should use to navigate in this snow. I ride through an alley in the icy valleys left by the cars. I panic that I've left my luggage in the taxi. But I calm myself down saying he will be in front of my house when I get there. He's not there.

Meanwhile, 2 hillbilly kind of men come up to me with a waterbowl and an empty bowl. They say they've been feeding a cat and was it mine? I say that I live 5 buildings from the end and the cats live in the 3rd building from the end.

Then I realize I may have to track down the cab to get my luggage back. But then the nagging thought comes to me--did I really have luggage? I don't remember in the dream placing luggage in the trunk of the taxi. But I was consoled by the fact that I'd be able to track my cab because I do remember that on the side door was the name of the cab company "Sexpert"!

So, from 12 to 3 in the mandala is me riding on the bike in the snow. From 3 to 6 is the cab Sexpert, and from 6 to 9 is the 20 car pileup.

That's the potential mandala, which is here in words...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...