Pages

daily creative practice

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Mornings

The sun wakes me at around seven I blink then
realize I don’t have to be anywhere so
I roll over onto my side and
pull the covers up under my chin and

Drift back down into sleep but
not a deep sleep more
like a doze, in and out and
in and out ‘til

An hour or two later I finally come completely awake and
stretch and yawn eventually
throwing off the covers I place
my feet on the cold floor rising
stiff-legged I walk to the toilet to relieve myself

Ahhh

Washing my hands I look at the mirror staring
into my brown eyes and
see that they’re clear; I’m still alive so
I lower my head in satisfaction and

Walk to the laundry basket and
pull out a pair of dirty jeans and a wrinkled-up sweatshirt then
slip on my deck shoes
grab a jacket and some cash and my keys and

Go down the stairs and out onto the quiet sidewalk that
leads me a few blocks to the bakery where I
buy the fresh pastry and piping hot cup of joe which

I carry back to my place settling
into my favorite chair I
enjoy the sweet cinnamon twist and bitter coffee

waiting for the day to unfold

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...